Come enjoy our cottage by the sea! This darling home has been completely renovated back to its charming 1920's roots, but updated to include all modern conveniences. From the newly installed hardwood floors, to the black and white checked tile baths, you will feel like you are stepping back in time while still enjoying a clean, newly furnished, charming Cape Cod/ Nantucket style retreat.
This is a wonderful place to entertain family and friends, enjoy downtime while away on business, or to curl up with a book in one of the many nooks and take advantage of some private time. We have three bedrooms (two rooms with a queen bed each, one room with both a full and a twin), three bathrooms and all of the bedrooms have a private shower (one with small bathtub). With plenty of places to spread out (bedrooms, living room, dining room, breakfast room, television room, patio), you can gather or relax as you wish. The patio area is spacious, sunny, inviting and private.
We provide numerous amenities to make your stay as relaxing as possible.
- High-Speed Internet access via cable modem with wireless or Ethernet options.
- Unlimited telephone calls within the United States and Canada.
- There is both a spacious living room and a separate den housing a big-screen television with DVD and VCR players.
- The three bedrooms each have a private shower and cable television, with linens and bath towels provided.
- Both the master suite and the living room have full stereo systems for enjoying CDs, radio or cassettes.
- We have a laundry room with a new, large capacity washer and gas dryer.
- The water heater is upgraded to a top of the line tankless unit allowing several showers to run at the same time without ever running out of hot water.
- A fully equipped kitchen with gas range, microwave, dishwasher, subzero refrigerator with automatic icemaker, coffee maker, blender, food processor, toaster, professional cookware, and, of course, dishes and barware.
Our private, sunny, spacious patio has two lounge chairs, a table and four chairs under a fresh market umbrella, and a propane grill. The private driveway provides up to three parking spots so you'll never have to worry about finding street parking.
Balboa Island is an ideal location for vacationing or staying while on business. It is both conveniently located to the surrounding area and a world away from the ordinary. Once over the short bridge, you need never get in the car again. Restaurants and groceries are steps away and much of the charm comes from strolling along the bay front sidewalk that runs along Balboa Island’s perimeter. The Island is also ideally suited for those who like leisurely walk or a more vigorous power-walk or jog.
We are located two doors down from the beachfront and just three short blocks from the main street, Marine Avenue, where you will find restaurants, coffee and pastry stores, shopping boutiques and groceries. A short walk to the other side of the island puts you on the historic ferry running over to the Balboa Peninsula, where you will find more restaurants, the “Fun Zone” of arcades and rides, the oceanfront and piers. More information on the area can be found by clicking here
Within walking distance you can rent a boat, take a harbor tour, walk along the surf, take the boat/flyer to Catalina Island for the day, scuba dive, deep sea fish, surf, wind surf, bike along paths, grocery shop, swim, kayak, pier fish, choose from a variety of restaurants, snorkel, sail, Jet Ski, body surf and more.
Southern California offers many different activities and all are within a day-trip's visit. Theme parks are plentiful (Disneyland, Universal Studios, Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Lego Land and several water parks) as are many other wonderful activities, including some of the best golf courses in Southern California located only a short drive away. If you have exhausted the many boutiques on Balboa Island, then Newport Center/Fashion Island is a five minutes drive (stores, restaurants, movie theaters) and South Coast Plaza just 15 minutes drive.